Thursday, July 19, 2007

Slow but steady





I think I mentioned someplace that I sorta, kinda overdid it when I began my foray into the world of miniatures. Let's face it, I was obsessed! I enjoyed working on my Newport, but I made a lot of mistakes because I couldn't be bothered doing things the 'right' way, and rushed thru various projects. Bad move, Caitey!

Oh, I put the structure part of it together correctly, but when I began to think about trims around the windows, flooring, wallpaper, etc., I rushed things, and ended up doing a sloppy job in a lot of areas.

I have since removed the wallpaper in Pugsley's room, and decided to paint the walls while leaving just a tiny bit of wallpaper up. I would have taken it all down, but it would have been too hard to get around the sloppy window trim job I did. Fortunately I can blame it on the Addams Family/ creepy house idea ..."It's supposed to look like that, you know..." ( altho in the T.V show, the Addams house is a very neat, luxurious house. The Movie versions have a lot of dusty floors and cobwebs.) Oh, btw, thee are going to be two different rooms on that side; Pugsley's room will be blue, and Wednesday's room has the pretty flowered wallpaper. I'll be putting in a see-thru/panel wall to separate the two rooms.

I am determined to get the flooring, wallpapers, and door trims finished before the 3rd floor goes down. I found that all that stuff is much easier when you can lay the wall down and do the paper and trim work that way.

I went to A.C. Moore yesterday to get more supplies. My goal for the next few days is to get the second floor finished enough that I can put the third floor-floor on. Then it's back to the actual structure building. I'm ready, but this time I'm taking it slow!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Slow and steady wins the race! Your house is lovely though. I love the Addams Family house idea. Very original!