Monday, July 9, 2007

Moving right along...a year later


I was going along like gangbusters...really I was! I had accomplished a lot in the 5 months I'd spent working on my dollhouse. I had finished the outside walls ( two stories ) and fiddled around with the inside a little.

Unfortunately I'd worked sooooo hard on it for sooooo long, that I O.D'd....BAD! Yeppers, one day I woke up sick of it, and soon the poor little creepy dollhouse was abandoned for other interests. I had my handy men move it to another room, thinking it would be easier to work on, but in reality...it was a good excuse to ignore it's existence.

And ignore it I did. I turned my attention to needlepoint, a hobby I had enjoyed in my youth.

Then my daughter moved back in with me to go to a nearby college, and I allowed her to turn the craft area (a.k.a The Gabby House, a small cottage on my property) into her study. By the time she graduated and had moved out with degree-in-hand, I had gotten bored with needlepoint, and was not doing anything resembling a 'hobby' (besides watering the African violets!)

After DD moved out, I aired out The Gabby House, then had the handy men drag the creepy dollhouse out and put it out in the front room, where it could no longer be ignored. It was time to get to work again. After all, it had been 17 months since I'd worked on it!

When I worked on it before, I felt like I wanted to rush, rush, rush to get it finished. BAD MOVE. Especially with a dollhouse, you want to take your time; enjoy the process. It is really a lot of fun. More photos, more observations to come!

No comments: