Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sheer Genius!


I decided to create an invisible wall that would be a wall, but that you could see thru into Pugsley's room. I suppose I could get one of those wooden room-edge dividers to give viewers the same idea, but this works just as well. I may use the edge wall to separate the living room from the dining room later on...But I think I'm going to just use furniture to separate the two rooms.

Oh. From now on I'm going to use initials for frequently used words... 1. The Gabby House = tgh.....and 2. dollhouse is going to be dh. I realize DH usually stands for dear husband, but I don't have a husband..dear, or otherwise! Finally, 3. my handy men's names = bb&j.

Ok, no more fooling around..it's time to go put the third floor on.

Later same day >>>> I realized I hadn't stained the floor, so I did. I placed it on the second floor, and then noticed that I hadn't painted the edge of the floor that hangs over and you can see from the outside. And wouldn't you know, I didn't have any black paint??? I hadn't glued it down yet any way, so tomorrow I'll get the paint and then glue the third floor floor down. I think I've been dragging my feet for a while. After all, gluing something down is soooo final, especially a whole floor! but I'm starting to warm up to the idea, especially since I'm really happy with the way the second floor finally came together.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Caitlin, I love the invisible wall idea! I had never seen anyone do this before. It looks great.

I laughed quite a bit with the initials for words..lol Dont you just love those? Makes typing all the more easier.

Ahh, I hate it when I dont have the supplies I need handy and have to go get them. Grrrr!

I hope you dont mind if I add your blog to the recommended links in my blog.

Bye for now,
Gina