Sunday, July 8, 2007

BLOG # 4, post #1, or, How I got here today


I love to write about my hobbies. Now, generally I just write in a book-type journal for my own enjoyment, but all that changed when I dscovered online journaling a few years ago. Over the past 3 years I have had 3 different blogs. First I had one about crafts over on Get Crafty, (a verrry coool site for crafters, btw.) I then branched out to Blogger, and started one about needlepoint. That lasted a couple of months. Finally, I tried keeping one about my beloved African violets, but that petered out after only one pathetic post. After that fiasco I thought my blogging days were a thing of the past.

( Right about now you're probably wondering what this all has to do with my creepy dollhouse, aren't you? Well, read the title. I'm explaining to you how I got around to starting this blog!)
Many years ago I got it into my head that someday I would love to build a dollhouse. Not just any dollhouse, mind you, but one that was maybe just a little different, maybe even a little, well, creepy. An Addams Family-esque type of dollhouse. You know, someday .

Fast-forward to 2005. My kids were all grown and gone, I was not working any longer, and I was crafting a lot. One afternoon as I cruised around A.C. Moore I happened to notice a dollhouse on sale and started thinking...I had a 40% off coupon, and the upcoming weekend meant no-sales-tax...that could get me started for sure. And so I took the plunge. I bought that dollhouse, 'The Newport', by Real Good Toys!

Sometimes I get all excited about the possibility of something, and then when the reality actually materializes, I lose interest quickly. I had no idea what to expect with this dollhouse. Would I stick with it? Stay tuned!

No comments: