Thursday, July 26, 2007

Over The Hump!





I haven't been able to do much in the way of serious constructing of my Newport since I have been back working on it again. I wanted to install a couple of walls, but they needed to be shortened, and unfortunately I don't have a saw. I had to wait for 'my handy men' to come over and saw them for me. Today was the day.

By the time I got out to the Gabby House to 'play', it was waay too hot out there, so I had to come back in the house. Bummer. I'm not complaining, tho. The place stays cool well into the afternoon on the hottest days; I should have gone out an hour earlier.

Perhaps tomorrow the third floor will go on. I am really excited!

The photos today show 1.a small section of unpainted wall. It is going to be covered in the flowered wallpaper, but have a hinge on it; it will be a 'hidden' 'secret' door. 2. The bathroom. The 'family' wanted it to look like a swamp (it looks black, but it's really dark green)...and I jazzed it up with the magazine pictures ala Lady Of The Water theme. lol. Note The green wall separating the bathroom and Morticia/Gomez's room. It's the one that needed shortening. It will be glued in permanently. 4.The plastic-see thru wall. It only reaches to the 'tiled' floor(the hallway between Pugsley & Wednesday's rooms.) It will have trim on it to represent a real room wall, but you'll still be able to see thru it into Pugsley's room. Although, come to think of it, has anyone EVER seen Pugsley's room? Unless it was in a tv episode that I wasn't able to get my hands on.
5. Finally, the screen I made out of a weird piece of cardboard and a scrap of mural wallpaper.

Gee, for someone who hasn't had much opportunity to really build anything lately, I sure have been busy!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Your going to have cut off an old Barbie dolls hand and put it in a box for It..lol Now my mind is racing with ideas.

I love the little rocking chair and radiator unit. The furniture is so cute. Im so glad your working on it again because I cant wait to see the end results!