Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Cardboard never looked so good...


When I first got interested in this mini/dollhouse business back in 2005, I attended quite a few Shows & sales in the area. One of my purchases was this, "Emily's Dollhouse" by Ilisha Helfman. I paid $95 for the house and all the furniture. and I do mean ALLL the furniture!

For almost two years it reposed in a drawer, still in its original packaging. I finally opened it up about 3 weeks ago. What a treat!

I really felt quite indulged as I took the richly colored parts out. I punched each piece of furniture out and put it together. It all goes together very easily with tab and slot construction. The house itself just folds down flat if you want to put it away, but once you have it up and the furniture made,you really aren't going to want to do that. Where would you put all the furniture then? It all belongs in the house! I actually still have to put the grand piano together...don't know where that's gonna go!

Just so you know, there is a lot more furniture than I show here. This was a photo I took as I was just starting to put it together. If anyone would like to see the whole 'kit and kaboodle', I'll be glad to post a newer, complete photo.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I LOVE it!! I absolutely love it! That house is beautiful and I would love to see more pics of the furniture. Its just the kind of style I like. All of those flowers and designs are intriguing. Its the best Ive seen.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see more photos - this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these photos of this house - I always wondered what it looked like close up. Beautiful.