Saturday, April 12, 2008

Some Day Soon







This is weird. Did I ever show you this dollhouse before? I was sure I had, but I can't find any posts about it. Maybe I posted it on GetCrafty when I was blogging over there. I dunno...but anyway, pardon me if I'm giving you a repeat here!

This is a Fisher-Price dollhouse that BB decided I might do something with. He has the same dollhouse, only all of his lights/doorbells/sounds work. Only a few of mine do. The outside color scheme, it's kind of bland, don't you think?? Of course, a little girl isn't really going to be too concerned about the outer appearance...she just wants to play house with her dollies. Me, I want to gussy this place up on the outside; make it a real showcase. And yesterday, I had an idea....

I actually had mentioned to BB a while ago, when he first gave me the house, that I wanted to try to paint the outside, and he kind of pooh-poohed that idea.
( Will somebody puhlease tell me why all the guys I know pooh-pooh my ideas? Especially when they end up copying me in the end??? LOL )

The other day as I was cleaning out the drawer of furniture, I had an overwhelming urge to go get a paintbrush,mix a little paint, and to try my idea, just to see if the idea was feasible. I got a little carried away and painted the blocks of 'granite' on the corners of the walls in addition to the 'bricks', but quickly realized that I should leave the large 'granite' blocks white. It brings out the brick more, I think. I will eventually get to this a a full fledged project, but for now, I am content knowing my plan will work.
Oh, I'm also going to paint the roof a different color. Having a blue roof is bad Feng Shui..it denotes water on the mountain, not a good thing!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Caitlin,
I have been so busy that I have had no time at all to do minis.
So much school work and hobbies......
Well soon I will do more mini stuff!

from:Riikka

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute house!So does your electricity work..

Caitlin said...

Hi Laura, I'm glad you asked that question, because altho I know the sounds don't work, I couldn't remember if all the lights work. I just went to check, and all the lights work, as well as the 'fireplace'- the light flickers in the fireplace as if a fire is on.

Caitlin said...

Hi Riikka, I am so glad you & Laura left comments...I was wondering how you both are. I understand about being too busy to do the minis. It's hard to stay away; I miss them when I can't 'play.' I hope you both can get back to Greta,Grace, and the other family soon.

Gina said...

That house is absolutely beautiful! I hadnt seen it before Caitlin so I dont think you posted it on this blog. I LOVE it. The inside is totally lovely. Im sure you will find the right color scheme for the outside. I love that house. What scale is it?

Caitlin said...

It's close to 1" scale. I am not going to put furniture in there because when the house closes, the floors get covered up. There are cardboard pictures up on the walls that give you the idea of some furniture, plus a built in desk, fireplace, kitchen, and knick knacks, so I think we'll just leave it at that. I just want to make the outside look better.