Thursday, April 10, 2008

Do you Believe in Magic?



For the past few weeks I have been organizing my non-sport trading card collection. That meant I had to take frequent trips out to The Gabby House to get supplies for the cards.(I had moved my collection out there last summer.)The first photo is of the (front) of the cabinet I keep the binders in... bad, bad, photo. The second is of all the binders full of my card collection.
Seeing as how it was still cold on my trips out to the G.H, I didn't stay very long for the most part. However, during my frequent outings, I did find some time to clean up a couple of messy areas out there. I was getting ready to take advantage of the coming warm weather when I knew I would be out there quickern' a duck on a June bug! I didn't want to start a new season with old messes hanging over my head.
Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day...temps in the 60's, sunshine, and a sweet breeze blowing. How could I not just peek in the Gabby House, maybe check out the drawers full of furniture slated for The Addams Family house? I ask you, HOW COULD I NOT?
I tellya, it's Magic being out there. I'm out there 5 minutes and fall under the spell of the miniatures once again. Oh, I convince myself in the middle of December that I've lost interest; that I want to just get the Addams Family house finished in the far-away Spring...and then I'm done. I'm bored with minis. I'm going to give my waiting projects away. It's too expensive. And I tell myself those lies just to keep my sanity, because I can't bear to think about all those mini projects waiting for me less than 50 yards from my back door, and not being able to comfortably work out there. Whew! And that is also the reason I stop reading mini blogs; they inspire me way too much, and I can't do anything about it.
So I was out there yesterday looking around, and thinking how I really need to spend time going through all my acquired furniture and accessories, and how I also need to make a project list to help me decide how to proceed with the rest of the Addams Family.( This might sound like drudgery to many people, but to me, it just makes me salivate to get started.) It was just the start; just the beginning. Ahhh.

No comments: