Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Love




It's NO JOKE!!!!! I'm here!!! It's April 1st, and the temperature was up near 60 today, so I came out of hibernation. Seriously. There's a warm air blowing around out there, and I am a happy girl. I haven't gotten to really go play in the Gabby House since November, and you would think I'd be out there the first real chance I've had in 5 months, but since I couldn't, I did at least want to leave a post as a goodwill gesture; to dip my toes, so to speak, back in blog-land.
One of the photos is of a book (Murder In Miniature) that I read last week. When I saw it in the bookstore I was so excited! If I couldn't be out playing with my miniatures, I sure-as-shootin' could read about them. Well, the first few pages were good, but then I lost interest. Whether it was the plot or me, whatever it was, I ended up skipping to the last few pages. I was so disappointed. I guess the author has plans for another mini book, so maybe I'll give her another chance...we'll see.
Speaking of books, I had forgotten I had also read this book quite a while ago. The Dollhouse Murders was in the Young Adult section, but even so, I liked it better than Murder in Miniature.
In the winter I read a lot, and it is nice to find (fiction)books that relate to my hobbies. Now that Spring is beginning, I will be able to get out to the Gabby house again and play with my dollhouses. I have missed them! Yaaay, Spring!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Caitlin, Ive heard a lot about the Murder In Miniature book and now that you have read it, Im more interested in it. Im gonna have to head out to my local library with these titles and get to reading.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your back Caitlin! I had been missing your mini posts.

Youve gotten me interested in those mini books so Im going to go by the library and see if I can find them there.

Gina

Caseymini said...

Caitlin, Thanks for the comment on my blog.

If you like books with dollhouse themes you should try to find Tabitha King's first book "Small World". She is married to Steven King and it kind of shows in the book....It is really good tho.

BTW, if you go to older posts at the bottom of my blog, you will find an entry about my miniature crypt that I built for Spike. He and Buffy are there......