Monday, September 3, 2007

Paint it, Black




That's what I'm doing, painting all the nosing for the Newport, black. I've been painting all daaay, it seems! ( Today's Labor Day. How appropriate.) I don't really mind, though, because when I look at the few pieces I have put up already, it really streamlines the house; makes it look finished, or at least more-so than without it! (Gee,that was a really long sentence, wasn't it?)

OK, now it's two days later. I have finished painting, as well as putting all the nosing up around the outside of the house. Next, for the outside, I have to think about how I'm going to install the brackets, as well as the railings around the porch areas. I'm pretty sure I'm going to abandon the railing idea. Instead, to keep the creepy mood going, I think I'll prolly get some creepy looking 'wrought iron' fencing to put up along the edges. One of the Addams family movies had that kind of fencing, and since this house needs a parapet of some sort, I think I'll go see what I can find to use. Oh, it'll be creepy, for sure.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Ohh I just love those shingles. They are so lovely. Your house is really getting that spooky feel to it. I love the black trim and the wall effect. It does look like the Addams Family would live in a mansion like this. That house looks extremely huge too, who makes it, RGT?

Caitlin said...

I get my shingles from Earth & Tree Miniatures up in N.H.

Wait til you see the parapet fencing! I've actually had it since I started working on the place, but I originally thought it would do for ground fencing. Wrong!Since I'm working in 1" scale, and the fencing is only 18" high, it wouldn't look proportionate; it would barely keep Cousin Itt fenced in. However, it looks perfect around the roof lines on the house. Ooooh, I can't wait.
Yes, this is an RGT house. I always get such a kick when you describe picking your current dollhouse up and carrying it, or flipping it to work on. I have to call in the Marines* to move this guy! And, just between you and me...? RGT really stands for Really Gigantic Toys!
* ok, Billy Bob & Jed are not the Marines, but they come to my rescue a lot.

Gina said...

Ohh yes, I know what house this is now. I just saw it on the RGT website. Wow, that is a huge mansion. Its also very beautiful. Great choice!

I feel sorry for whoever has to carry it out of the house if you ever have to move though. lol

RGT really does make gigantic toys. Everytime I think of moving, I look at my Sterling and it makes me want to stay. The thought of moving it is almost unbearable. I really believe, that it weighs about 500 pounds, no kidding.