Sunday, September 23, 2007

True Colors






Yesterday I was in Michaels', and what do you think I found? a tub of 18 clear squeeze bottles to put paint in. And it was on clearance for less than $4.00. There were two tubs left and I bought both of them, giving me 36 bottles in all. The only trouble is that each bottle is 4 oz, and all I need is 2 oz. But that's o.k. I can actually see what the color looks like easily. Plus, no more I-forgot-to-flip-the-bottle-lid-shut scenario.

I 'posed' the bottles around the picture, just because I like it. It was a book cover off a book by an author who wrote inspirational fiction more than 70 years ago. I loved reading her books when I was a young woman; still do.

After I had transferred a lot of the paints into the bigger containers, I began to paint the birdhouse-house! Wheee! The basic color is dark olive green, and the window trims are purple. Then I have gold trim in there, too. I goofed, though, because you can see where the white of the walls I installed inside show in the windows. I remember Miss Gina mentioning something about painting something a while ago, and making sure the unpainted side did not show out the other side thru the windows. There's no way to fix it, unless I put trim inside the windows as more window trims....that's a lot of fuss, tho. As The English call it, that's getting 'fiddly.'

3 comments:

Gina said...

The bird house is coming out great! I love the colors you chose. Great idea about the bottles of paint. If you have paint in those cans, these bottles would make a great alternative container for them.

Caitlin said...

So far I like using the clear bottles, especially because I can compare blues to blues, greens to greens, etc, without having to pour some out. I know some craft paint brands put a dot of the paint color on the lid, but not all of them, so this is working out great.

Anonymous said...

I love the birdhouse, so cute! Oh, and you've been tagged, see my blog. :)
http://girlsavage.wordpress.com/