Friday, August 31, 2007

Stuck On You




I put the walls up. Yeppers, I did. That's what all the laughing in my last post was about...I bet you thought I'd put it off again, huh? but no, once I got that paper mache stuff going, and had slapped a bunch on the castle, I realized that IT WAS TIME!!! I am so proud of myself.

Now I have to put the roof tops on, but first I have to paint them, because the underside of the roofs are going to be the ceilings of the third floor, and so I have to paint all that stuff before I glue them down.

I think the paper mache as mortar was a good idea. That stuff dries hard as a rock...in fact, here's a photo of a rock I made out of paper clay a couple of years ago. See? hard as a rock! ( The official name of the paper mache stuff I use is Celluclay. )

2 comments:

Gina said...

Wow Caitlin, you have really made progress on your house! I love it. Your doing a great job on it. I really like the wallpaper you have chosen for the house.

Caitlin said...

Thanks, Gina. The wallapaper on the right is two sided scrap-book paper. The side I decided to use for the wallpaper is printed as scuffed up and worn. I thought Uncle Fester would like that in his bedroom.
The other side, the royal blue & gold,was in a package of wallpaper, I think. That room was going to be Granmama's room, although I'm thinking it looks more like a ball room kind of paper. Marticia & Gomez do like a dance, you know!( Even so, you can see the same blue wallpaper in my little birdhouse-house; you'll see in in the next post. And that place sure ain't big enough for any dances!)