Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Dolly dumps




Now don't panic, I'm still working on the Newport, but decided to show you a couple of upcoming projects. They sort of fell into my lap!

The first one, a Fisher-Price castle, was in the back of BB's truck last week when he & J were here to do some work. I think it was on its' way to his girlfriends' daughter, but I got to it first. I have plans for it, too. The first thing to go will be the bright green 'grass' around it; it's a lot brighter than the photo shows.

This other project was found in Michaels'. I love to meander around craft stores, I surely do. My eyes are always peeled for cool little crafty/dollie/ stuff. Today I found this! It's a birdhouse! It was marked down to $3.49; how could I resist? I got it home, and decided to take the back off it so I can put a floor in it, and then put in a little furniture. It might be close to 1/2" scale. I didn't measure it, and anyway, I'm not going to abandon it even if it doesn't fit any scale exactly. I'm just going to decorate it so that it looks fairly mini-real. I have a little none-scale/ 1/2" scale chair that might fit just fine in there.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I love to see these kinds of projects. Cant wait to see what you do with the castle. Thats some bright green grass! By the way, love the gorilla on the roof (or whatever that thing is) with the sword (or rifle?) in its hand. lol Who knows what my eyes are seeing!

I saw those cute bird houses at Micheals too and sort of got the inkling to get one but decided not to. (Should have done it!) They totally look mini and would make cute smaller scale cottages.