Monday, June 2, 2008

Stupid Girl

So I took my little conservatory idea down to Federal Glass In Framingham, to ask them to make up some acrylic pieces for me. ( I had also brought in a $300 order for life-sized glass china cabinet doors...you woulda thunk they could have humored me just a little with the acrylic conservatory...hmm? )

Apparently not. The girl who waited on me was a new employeee who immediately called for the boss, ( who I think was also having problems with a couple of trainees in the glass cutting area.) My glass cabinet doors he could handle, but when I asked him about the dollhouse conservatory and explained to him what I wanted, he just shook his head as if in disbelief, and put his head down on the counter. I thought he was about to cry! I'm not kidding, either.

There are a few thicknesses of acrylic, and the thickest he had was too thin for the wall supports of the kit. To get me off his back, he cut me a piece of the thicker acrylic and told me to go home to play with it to see if I could get a thinner piece to work instead. I'm going to see if two thin pieces will work in each slot; like maybe two thin pieces = 1 thick piece. We'll see.

I'm a little afraid to go back...I'd hate to make that poor man cry... (again.)

P.S. I wrote this entry a while ago. The glass store is still jerking me around about my glass doors- that was back on May 27th, and now they claim they can't get the right kind of glass or something...

I have also written a newer post that I will put up in a day or so. It will explain my long abscence.

No comments: