Thursday, October 4, 2007

Our House



I've been trying to find another occupant for The birdhouse-house; I just didn't want Polly to live alone. I bought another Polly Pocket, but there's only room for one bed, and even if the other Polly Pocket was her sister, I didn't want them to sleep in the same bed. ( I cannot imagine sleeping in the same bed as one of my sisters.)

Unfortunately, the 'community' of Polly Pocket seems to be Amazonian in their approach to life; it doesn't have any guys in the group, so I have had to 'invent' one. Introducing...Pauly Pocket. Pauly is Polly's boyfriend, and although he doesn't live with Polly all the time, he's a frequent visitor. Very. Frequent.

( I'm still not totally happy with Polly & her beau living here. I think they're a little small for the place. I might move them to another house...when I finish it.)

2 comments:

Gina said...

LOL! Caitlin, you have really made my day with this post. I was having a rather crumby morning for some reason but when I browsed this post, its made me laugh to the point of tears.

The Polly Pocket and her beau Pauly are just too much. They look so realistic in the photo its amazing. You posed them just right. The fact that you actually had to make a Polly to a Pauly is terrific..lol This should be mini photo of the month.

Its incredible the ideas we mini lovers will come up with just to make our vision real.

Caitlin said...

Glad I made you laugh.

You're right about the visions becoming reality. Miniaturists sure do have good imaginations, whether make their own stuff, or buy it, we know how to make a scene work.

Back in the day, a popular phrase was 'making the scene'. I'm wondering if a minaturist was behind that one?